Activating your Secure Passphrase
A useful tool that gives you an additional layer of security is a Secure Passphrase. You must have Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) enabled on your account in order to enable this functionality.
- Click Settings.
- Select Create your Secret Recovery Phrase from the menu.
- Save the phrase in a secure location for later use once it is visible. Keep the words in the precise order in which you first saw them.
- In order to verify that you were able to save it successfully, type the Secret Recovery Phrase.
- Select Next.
- Enter your 2FA code.
Your secure password has been enabled. Please make sure you don’t tell anyone else about this information.
Deactivating your Two-Factor Authentication Using a Secure Passphrase
Your account must use two-factor authentication. Using the Secure Passphrase, you can quickly turn off this feature if you are unable to access the code.
The actions listed below can be used to disable 2FA on your account using the Secure Passphrase:
- When prompted for a code to log into your account, select Disable 2FA.
- Your Secure Passphrase must be typed in the correct sequence.
- You are then able to continue completing the Self-Disable 2FA process.